[Xen-users] Re: 100% safe way to backup domU:

> If it connects via serial then why not just talk ascii instead of ppp?

 The direct serial line would be nearly worthless. It can only communicate one
instance a time, and we need multiple processes in the dom0  to communicate
with the domU. If you are doing something, I think it is best to avoid
unnecessary bottlenecks, and build a general purpose communication
infrastructure, where any root process in the dom0 can simply send a command to
the domU and get a response. For Direct serial lines, there are too many
complications involving proper synchronization, and it will be useless for
anything practical.