Re: [Xen-users] any tool to retrieve host info from guest and vice versa

Tim Post wrote:
> For goodness sake, I only offered it to someone who wanted something
> simple and an alternative to snmp.
>
> That will be the *last* time I offer anything on this list :) I'm not
> competing with nagios, I don't want to spend time writing a complex
> network monitor, all I wanted to do was share something useful as-is. He
> didn't want a network monitor, all he wanted was vitals and hardware
> info.
>
> The code is there, its free. If you find it useful for something, use
> it, else don't .. I really don't care :)

I was only suggesting that you turn it into a Nagios plugin so that
everyone who uses Nagios would have an alternative or supplement to the
standard set.  Running nrpe isn't going to destroy your machine's
performance. :)  I only see Nagios as an aggregator, so that's not
exactly comparable to what you have.  The plugins leave a lot to be
desired in many cases, so that may be where you would compete.

--
Christopher G. Stach II