xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] Booting Dom0 with SLES10 on JS21

jimi wrote:

>>>      INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
>>
>> Those are entries in /etc/inittab, it usually means that getty
>> doesn't like the device it is associated with.
>> There still might be some udev issues.

Comparing Dom0 startup with standard SUSE10 startup -
INIT for Dom0 immediately goes to 'Entering runlevel',
while in standard case, INIT first runs /etc/init.d/boot

Dom0:
Waiting for device /dev/sda3 to appear:  ok
rootfs: major=8 minor=3 devn=2051
fsck 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
[/bin/fsck.reiserfs (1) -- /] fsck.reiserfs -a /dev/sda3
Reiserfs super block in block 16 on 0x4000 of format 3.6 with standard journal
Blocks (total/free): 17388352/16885104 by 4096 bytes
Filesystem is clean
Replaying journal..
Reiserfs journal '/dev/sda3' in blocks [18..8211]: 0 transactions replayed
Checking internal tree..finished
fsck succeeded. Mounting root device read-write.
Mounting root /dev/sda3
ReiserFS: sda3: found reiserfs format "3.6" with standard journal
ReiserFS: sda3: using ordered data mode
ReiserFS: sda3: journal params: device sda3, size 8192, journal first block 18,0
ReiserFS: sda3: checking transaction log (sda3)
ReiserFS: sda3: Using r5 hash to sort names
ReiserFS: sda3: warning: acl not supported.
ReiserFS: sda3: warning: user_xattr not supported.
INIT: version 2.86 booting
<<<<<<<<<<
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "cons" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

Standard SLES10:
Waiting for device /dev/sda3 to appear:  ok
rootfs: major=8 minor=3 devn=2051
fsck 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
[/bin/fsck.reiserfs (1) -- /] fsck.reiserfs -a /dev/sda3
Reiserfs super block in block 16 on 0x4000 of format 3.6 with standard journal
Blocks (total/free): 17388352/16885410 by 4096 bytes
Filesystem is clean
Replaying journal..
Reiserfs journal '/dev/sda3' in blocks [18..8211]: 0 transactions replayed
Checking internal tree..finished
fsck succeeded. Mounting root device read-write.
Mounting root /dev/sda3
INIT: version 2.86 booting
<<<<<<<<<<
System Boot Control: Running /etc/init.d/boot
Mounting procfs at /proc                                             done
Mounting sysfs at /sys                                               done
Mounting debugfs at /sys/kernel/debug                                done
Initializing /dev                                                    done
Mounting devpts at /dev/pts                                          done
Boot logging started on /dev/ttyS0(/dev/console (deleted)) at Sat Jul  8
17:38:32 2006
Activating swap-devices in /etc/fstab...                             done
Starting udevd                                                       done
Activating device mapper...
                                                                     done
Starting MD Raid                                                     done
Waiting for udev to settle...
Scanning for LVM volume groups...
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  No volume groups found
  No volume groups found
Activating LVM volume groups...
  No volume groups found
                                                                     done
Checking file systems...
fsck 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
Checking all file systems.                                           done
                                                                     done
Mounting local file systems...
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0620,gid=5)
nothing was mounted                                                  done
Mounting securityfs on /sys/kernel/security                          done
Setting up the hardware clock                                        done
Setting up hostname 'linux-92yr'                                     done
Setting up loopback interface     lo
    lo        IP address: 127.0.0.1/8
                                                                     done
Creating /var/log/boot.msg                                           done
Activating remaining swap-devices in /etc/fstab...                   done
Setting current sysctl status from /etc/sysctl.conf
net.ipv4.icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter = 1
                                                                     done
Enabling syn flood protection                                        done
Disabling IP forwarding                                              done
                                                                     done
System Boot Control: The system has been                             set up
System Boot Control: Running /etc/init.d/boot.local                  done
INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
[...]