[Xen-ia64-devel] pv_ops polish: config option & head file

To: "Isaku Yamahata" <yamahata@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] pv_ops polish: config option & head file
From: "Dong, Eddie" <eddie.dong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:39:15 +0800
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 00:46:30 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Isaku:
        Targeting the patchset or git tree
http://people.valinux.co.jp/~yamahata/xen-ia64/linux-2.6-xen-ia64.git/,
I got some questions:

1:      I saw some config options such as:
CONFIG_PARAVIRT
CONFIG_PARAVIRT_ALT
CONFIG_PARAVIRT_ENTRY
CONFIG_PARAVIRT_NOP_B_PATCH
CONFIG_PARAVIRT_GUEST

        I am not sure what is best, but seems we expose too much here,
and X86 just have one CONFIG_PARAVIRT. I suggest we can go mainly using
one especially we have strong reasons.

2: config file
        I saw you generated a new config file specifically for domU
(xen_domu_wip_defconfig), I am wondering is it is what Redhat want. I
think RH will only build one image for various machine including PV
guest in one release. So I suggest we remove the new config file
xen_domu_wip_defconfig, but put CONFIG_PARAVIRT into each existing
config files.

Comments?
Thanks, eddie