Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Time for hybrid virtualization?

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 05:01:26PM -0700, Alex Williamson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I got a pointer to re-aim-7 and thought the high-systime workload
> might give us a good worst case scenario.  This workload does no I/O and
> a lot of the tests produce very high system time.  Here's the results:
[...]
This makes more sense and these results are in line with Dan Magenheimer
initial results.

A factor of 4 for VTi seems to be pretty high.  IIRC privified kernels
were about two times slower than native.

I think the kernel build (or gcc) involves mostly user code - which is
effeciently virtualized!

Tristan.