Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Protection key support for PV domains

To: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Protection key support for PV domains
From: Dietmar Hahn <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 14:42:09 +0200
Cc: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 05:39:49 -0700
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Am Montag, 16. Juli 2007 schrieb Dietmar Hahn:
> > > Maybe I should split the patch in two parts. First the preparations
> > > that can be done without using the pkrs and the second for using the
> > > pkrs.
> I managed to split the original patch and here comes the first part, only

this is a second part usable without switching on protection key stuff.
- added XEN_IA64_NPKRS
- added IA64_INST_KEY_MISS_VECTOR and IA64_DATA_KEY_MISS_VECTOR
to ia64_handle_reflection
- the key is now used during handling XEN_IA64_OPTF_IDENT_MAP_REG7.

I tested with booting domU PV linux.
Please have a look and send comments.
Thanks.

Dietmar.