Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] vIOSAPIC and IRQs delivery

Le Jeudi 09 Mars 2006 13:38, Kenji Kaneshige a écrit :
[...]
> > Ok this is interesting.
> > So, you don't share IRQ lines.  My question still stands!
>
> Our server also has one IRQ line shared between multiple devices.
> Here is a /proc/interrupts output of linux running on the small
> partition on our server.
>
>            CPU0       CPU1
>  28:          0          0          LSAPIC  cpe_poll
>  29:          0          0          LSAPIC  cmc_poll
>  30:          0          0  IO-SAPIC-level  cpe_hndlr
>  31:          0          0          LSAPIC  cmc_hndlr
>  39:          0          0  IO-SAPIC-level  acpi
>  48:          0          0  IO-SAPIC-level  uhci_hcd, ehci_hcd
> (snip.)
I suppose this is a on board chip such as ICH ?  In these case, uhci and ehci
share the same USB connectors.  So we wan't partition it.  Doesn't really
apply.

[...]
> >>Unfortunately, AFAIK, interrupt domains approach has not be
> >>implemented for generic ia64-linux kernel yet. It would be
> >>very nice if it is implemented someday. But I guess we need
> >>a lot of efforts for it. To tell the truth, I've posted the
> >>patches for interrupt domains to ia64-linux mailing list
> >>before, though it contains many TBDs and bugs (maybe).
> >
> > Ok.
> > Maybe it can be more easily done in Xen ?
>
> Sorry, I'm new to Xen. So I don't know.
SImply because Xen is smaller and the Xen community is smaller too, and
because Fujitsu is already a member of this community.  Also since Xen/ia64
is not that stable, it is also easier to accept not thouroughly tested
patches.

Tristan.