Re: [Xen-devel] State of gdbsx in xen-4.0-testing.hg and debugger docum

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 07:29:46 -0700
Bruce Edge <bruce.edge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Mukesh Rathor
> <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 23:54:34 +0200
> > Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > I noticed when I tried gdbsx today that it doesn't seem to deal
> > > with multi-vcpu guests by treating the vcpus as threads within
> > > gdb.  Is there some other way to look at all the threads'
> > > contexts from within gdb?
> > >
> > Hmm... working for me. Can you please run gdbsx with -d and tar
> > and send output to me?
> >
> > Mukesh,
>
> Here's the output from gdbsx -d when trying to view CPUs as thread.

Again, looks like gdb issue. I can reproduce with gdb version
'GNU gdb (GDB) Fedora (7.0.1-45.fc12)'.  However, things are fine
with gdb 6.* versions. I looked at gdbsx and it seems to be doing
the right thing. So someone more familiar with gdb will have to debug
it. For now, I hope you can use older 6* gdb, assuming you are using
newer 7.* version.

thanks
Mukesh