RE: [Xen-devel] cpuidle causing Dom0 soft lockups

Yes, this patch works for us too. So a non-hacky version of it would be
appreciated.

I also meanwhile tried out the idea to reduce the contention on
xtime_lock (attached for reference). Things appear to work fine, but
there is an obvious problem (with - thus far to me - no obvious
explanation) with it: The number of timer interrupts on CPUs not on
duty to run do_timer() and alike is increasing significantly, with spikes
of over 100,000 per second. I'm investigating this, but of course any
idea anyone of you might have what could be causing this would be
very welcome.

Jan

>>> "Yu, Ke" <ke.yu@xxxxxxxxx> 03.02.10 08:32 >>>
Hi Jan,

Could you please try the attached patch. this patch try to avoid entering deep
C state when there is vCPU local irq disabled, and polling event channel. When
tested in my 64 CPU box, this issue is gone with this patch.

Best Regards
Ke