RE: [Xen-devel] cpuidle causing Dom0 soft lockups

>>> "Yu, Ke" <ke.yu@xxxxxxxxx> 03.02.10 08:32 >>>
>Could you please try the attached patch. this patch try to avoid entering deep
>C state when there is vCPU local irq disabled, and polling event channel. When
>tested in my 64 CPU box, this issue is gone with this patch.

We could try it, but I'm not convinced of the approach. Why is the
urgent determination dependent upon event delivery being disabled
on the respective vCPU? If at all, it should imo be polling *or* event
delivery disabled, not *and*.

Also, iterating over all vCPU-s in that function doesn't seem very
scalable. It would seem more reasonable for the scheduler to track
how many "urgent" vCPU-s a pCPU currently has.

Jan