Re: [Xen-devel] Future of xenbits Linux trees

On Sun, 7 Jun 2009, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 07:51:44PM +0100, Andy Burns wrote:
Whilst newer is better, did I hear that it's likely RHEL6/CentOS6 will
be 2.6.27 based? If so then 2.6.27 would be a "long lived" kernel.

Where did you hear that?

I don't have any facts, but I'd _assume_ RHEL6 will have 2.6.29 or 2.6.30 ..

Fedora 10 has 2.6.29 kernel in updates-testing, and Fedora 11 will be based
on 2.6.29 .. But dunno :)

2.6.27 has long term upstream support according to this post
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-kernel-list/2009-January/msg00098.html
Also this post suggests that RHEL6 will be based on F10 and F11
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-November/msg00037.html
though what this means with regard to which kernel RHEL6 will have I am not sure.

        Michael Young