[Xen-devel] [Patch][0/2][BIOS] Support BCV table

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] [Patch][0/2][BIOS] Support BCV table
From: Akio Takebe <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:40:12 +0900
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 06:41:09 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

The patches support BCV table/priority in rombios.
The motivation is we want to:
- select bootable device because loading optionROM take a long time.
- retry other devices if we fail to boot wiht the first device.

BCV priority is a order of installing int 0x13 handler.
In my patch, the priorty is decided with BDF number.
ATA emulation disk is the highest priority,
and lower BDF number of passthrough devices is higher priority.

The patch adds two syntax in configuration file.
1. boot option of pci
   e.g. pci = [ '01:00.0@6,boot=1' ]
2. p option of boot
   e.g. boot = "pcd"

In the above example, hvmloader will load optionROM of 01:00.0 pass-through
device.
Then rombios will try to boot from pass-through device.
If it fail, rombios will try CD boot, and ATA disk boot.

I use hvm_info table for passing BDF numbers which we want to load their
optionROMs.
If still possible, please apply the patch.

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe