[Xen-devel] Xen Summit Events - Feedback Needed

To: "'xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen Summit Events - Feedback Needed
From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:36:50 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 08:37:17 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Development Community:

In the past, Xen.org would host a Xen Summit event every 9 months in North America alternating between the East Coast and West Coast of the United States. Last year, Xen.org held a very successful event in Tokyo at Fujitsu’s Labs and we are currently planning to host an event this fall in Shanghai, China at Intel’s Labs.

With these new events in Asia, I would like to propose the following standard event calendar for the Xen developer community:

    * Spring : Xen Summit North America

    * Fall:       Xen Summit Asia

These two events will be the primary developer focused events for the year and will allow the community to reach a larger development and university research audience. Our events in Europe and South America will get different names as they are not so developer focused but rather more on the Xen technology and research promotion - open to suggestions for new names?

Stephen Spector

Community Manager, Xen.org

stephen.spector@xxxxxxx

(772) 621-5062