[Xen-devel] AMD P-States not recognized for Xen 3.3 and 3.4

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] AMD P-States not recognized for Xen 3.3 and 3.4
From: Carsten Schiers <carsten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:35:37 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 01:36:23 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xen doesn't seem to fully recognize P-States in my AMD 4050e / Gigabyte M56S-S3
setting.

What works is a Xen 3.2-1 Debian with waldi 2.6.18-3.1-2 kernel in a way, that
when specifying cpufreq=dom0-kernel and using cpufreq-set, I can change CPU
frequency (minor problem here: it will report backwards running clocks as
mentioned
elsewere here: Timer ISR/0: Time went backwards).

But using cpufreq=xen will not report any P-states at all. Tried with different
3.3 versions up to 3.3.1 and 3.4 unstable. With cpuidle and without, also did
an update to BIOS F4 (latest version). Used xenpm from 3.3 and 3.4 to check.

I attached two dmesg / xm dmesg outputs, V1 will show with cpuidle on F4e BIOS,
V2 will show without cpuidle on F4 BIOS. Both used latest Xen 3.4-unstable and
waldi 2.6.18-3.3-1 kernel.

Any ideas how to proceed?