Re: [Xen-devel] [0/5] [NET]: Add TSO support

On 29 Jun 2006, at 14:26, Herbert Xu wrote:

If you can recalculate it, why is the field required at all (both in
the skbuff and in the netif_tx_extra)? You previously said it was
needed because it can't be recalculated (until you get to the
segmentation code, which may be very late in packet processing).

It can't be recalculated in general (i.e., in netback). However, within
each protocol module it can be recalculated.

In that case we don't need gso_segs in the netif_tx_extra? That, plus limit gso_type, would make me much happier.

 -- Keir