Re: [Xen-devel] Serial console problem with Xen 3.0

On 7 Apr 2006, at 17:51, Keir Fraser wrote:

I just wanted to confirm that pnpacpi=off solves my problem and give me full access over the serial console.

Should this get an issue in the bugtracker?

Yes, it's probably a good thing to gather all this stuff in one place. By the way, I have some fixes already for the IO-APIC checking routine that I mentioned. We're just going to give it a shakedown in Cambridge before putting it in the public repository.

I can confirm that my patch at least fixes the pnpacpi problem that you've been seeing. I've also enabled CONFIG_PNP_ACPI by default in our -xen0 and -xen defconfig files, so we should get wider feedback on issues relating to that config option now.

I've also backported my io_apic.c changes to the 3.0-testing tree so they should be in 3.0.2-1 (the next rolling release of 3.0.2).

 -- Keir