[Xen-devel] Re: Kernel with very low memory requirement (~12MB) for domU

CJ van den Berg wrote:
Oh... just got a thought.. Do the dom0 kernel have to be 2.6.16-rc1 aswell...?

No. In fact dom0 doesn't even have to be running Linux.

Hello again. So we're back to work :-)

Deciced to test what other things could be stopping a kernel later than 2.6.12.6 to run on my system. So I downloaded and compiled xen-unstable and xen-3.0-testing.

xen-3.0-testing didn't produce any better results than the 3.0 release. But after installing xen-unstable, I at least could boot a 2.6.15 kernel. And that with memory = 11

:-D

But... xen-unstable isn't named unstable for nothing. I'm not sure if this is a good way to acheive our goals. I don't feel too comfortable putting a snapshot on a CD for our "release product" :-/

Anyways. We're just about to put the xen-unstable on the CDROM image together with a 2.6.12.6 dom0 kernel and the new, stripped, 2.6.15 domU kernel. Doing so, the project will at least move forward and we can continue testing and probably make a beta. Some problems will just have to be solved as they appear ;-)

Thanks for your help so far, it has been good tutorial.

Best regards
Rickard Borgmäster