[Xen-devel] Re: Kernel with very low memory requirement (~12MB) for domU

CJ van den Berg wrote:

What hardware platform and compiler version are you using? The configuration
I sent you was Pentium 4 optimised. If you're trying to run in on a Pentium
II as your previous mail suggested I doubt it'll work as-is. I don't see
anything else that should effect it though.

I'm running a Pentium4 Dell-somethingish desktop computer for the testing pusposes. So no need to change the code optimization for that...

I'm getting quite frustrated about this now... :-(

Here is what I do;

hg clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6-xen.hg
cd linux-2.6-xen.hg
cp ~/config-vandenberg .config
make
cp vmlinuz /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-rc1-xenU
cp System.map System.map-2.6.16-rc1-xenU
xm create -c /crab/.xen/crab-domU.cfg

And that just produces:

Using config file "crab-domU.cfg".
Started domain testcrab
xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

My config looks like this:

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-rc1-xenU"
memory = 17
disk = ['cow:/crab/.xen/crab-domU.cfg 30, hda1,w']
root = "/dev/hda1 ro"

But I've also tried this:

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-rc1-xenU"
memory = 64
disk = ['file:/crab/.xen/crab-domU.cfg, hda1,w']
root = "/dev/hda1 ro"

None of the above will start. The latter example doesn't give the "xenstore" error, but just crashes instantly.

Am I missing something? I'm running Ralph Passgangs debian packages just like you...

Best regards
Rickard Borgmäster