[Xen-devel] RE: help with bugs

To: "Sean Dague" <sean@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: help with bugs
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 22:48:50 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 21:47:11 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >  BUG62  eth0 -> veth0 in network script can loose network
> I can make this bug come and go at will based on which of the
> 2 network interfaces are part of the bridge.  I added that
> information into the bugzilla bug, hopefully that helps.

Are you changing the default 'netdev' at the top of the network script?

I take it that if you try and get it to work on eth1 it fails?

BTW: I'd like to see a few changes in the way this stuff works anyhow.

Firstly, rename network to network-bridge.

Next, I'd make it such that it's possible to have multiple
network-script lines, each with parameters e.g. something like:

(network-script ( network-bridge ( bridge xen-br0 ) ( netdev eth0 ) ) )
(network-script ( network-bridge ( bridge xen-br1 ) ( netdev eth1 ) ) )

[having multiple interfaces should result in multiple vif0.x and vethX
devices]

And then the vif-script along with default parameters e.g.

( vif-script ( vif-bridge ( bridge xen-br0 ) ( antispoof no ) ) )

Do others agree?
Could someone work up a patch?

Thanks,
Ian