Re: [Xen-devel] start xen-ia64-devel or just use xen-devel?

To: dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] start xen-ia64-devel or just use xen-devel?
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:46:02 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:47:17 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I expect a fair amount of email discussion in the coming months
> as various people contribute to the Xen/ia64 port.  Since
> many/most subscribers to xen-devel will have little interest in
> ia64-specific email, I thought I would solicit opinions:
> Should the Xen/ia64 traffic remain in xen-devel?  Or should
> there be a separate email-list (e.g. xen-ia64-devel) and
> email can be cross-posted to xen-devel when relevant to others?
> I can see advantages and disadvantages to both approaches.

I think we probably need to create a xen-users list in addition
to xen-devel. Assuming we do that, I don't see any reason not to
hold the discussion on xen-devel (with private email as
appropriate). Some of this stuff may be relevant to other ports
anyhow.

Ian