Re: [Xen-devel] Xen & I/O in clusters - problems! New Information

To: Rune Johan Andresen <runejoha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen & I/O in clusters - problems! New Information
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:47:35 +0100
Cc: Xen Virtual Machine Monitor <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Håvard Bjerke <Havard.Bjerke@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:54:38 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> We tried to compile xen0 with CONFIG_E1000_NAPI = y and got the samre
> results between
> two xen dom0 nodes. I am not sure if these interrupts tells anything:

It's the different rate at which the eth0 interrupt counts go up
during your bandwidth tests that is interesting. e.g. poll it
once a second during the test.

It looks like your native Linux is not using legacy PIC mode
rather than using the ioapic. Have you tried an SMP native
kernel to see if it gets the same interrupt layout as Xen?

Ian