Re: [Xen-devel] xen-2.0 20040923 and previous: rpm crash in xenU

To: Peri Hankey <mpah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen-2.0 20040923 and previous: rpm crash in xenU
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:39:56 +0100
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Flavio Leitner <fbl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:56:53 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Is there any kind of workaround for this nanosleep problem?

It's a bug, and one that's probably trivial to fix if we can pin
down the combination of CPU and libraries etc that provoke it.

Are you using the latest unstable tree? Does my test program
still indicate a problem for you? If so, please post the output
of /proc/cpuinfo, and information about your distribution and
libraries.

Like the only other pending bug (the network panic bug) it seems
only to effect a minority of users, and we can't seem to
reproduce it locally. Until we get more information I'm afraid
there's not a lot we can do beyond simply reviewing the code.

Thanks,
Ian