Re: [Xen-devel] issues getting more than 16M ram to be used without oop

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] issues getting more than 16M ram to be used without oopsing. 1.2 and 1.3-unstable
From: "Brian Wolfe" <brianw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 12:29:57 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 22:37:25 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Heh, I know what you mean on the VIA boards. I almost always have an issue
booting > 3 month old kernels on them. 8-P I spose I could look at via as
a "enforced upgrade" system. ;)

*nod* I'd tried the noacpi, ignorebiostables, etc. All of the usual tricks
on the xenolinux.gz kernel image as well to no avail pror to harassing
yall. :) I think my friend Adam was feeling a bit abused as a Xen suport
route as well. *grin*

Things are getting a LITTLE bit futher on the bootup. :) Any chance the
IDE , USB, and/or ethernet interfaces are doign something funky?

Here is the lspci -vv and Linux 2.6.4 compiled for K7 and HIGHMEM4G if you
need the raw info. I disabled USB, firewire etc, basicly anything that
wasn't needed for a server setup. Striped scsi out as much as possible as
well (i'm a minimalist on server kernels).

I have attached a copy of the serial console log from booting with
dom0_mem=1800 vs dom0_mem=1600 noacpi ignorebiostables for reference.
I have also attached a log of lspci -vv and the kernel boot log for 2.6.4
+HIGHMEM4G and the screen from memtest86+ 3.0

 If you need ANYTHING to help, please don't hesitate to let me know
directly. The hardware and my time are at you and other xen developers
command. :)

--
Brian Wolfe           | Phone 1-(214)-764-1204
President,            | Email  brianw@xxxxxxxxxxxx

pub  1024D/73C5A2DF 2003-03-18 Brian Wolfe <brianw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     Key fingerprint = 050E 5E3C CF65 4C1E A183  F48F E3E3 5B22 73C5 A2DF
sub  1024g/BB87A3DD 2003-03-18