Re: [Xen-devel] Network interface problem

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Network interface problem
From: "Tvrtko A. Uršulin" <tvrtko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:53:19 +0100
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:07:24 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday 11 February 2004 13:40, Ian Pratt wrote:

> Please ignore my entire previous email -- I was looking in the list
> of PHY pcids not the MAC ones. The BCM95702 is supported in stock
> 2.4.24 Linux and should work.

No problem. :)

> The fact that you're having trouble getting it to work with stock
> Linux is quite mysterious.

More mysterious when you consider that it works with grsecurity patch which
doesn't touch drivers/net/anything, and even more when you read my post in
which I wrote that it works under Xen compiled without -DNDEBUG.

I have already informed LKML, GRSEc and LND ML's onm the situation and will
report here on any conclusions.