Re: [Xen-devel] Network interface problem

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Network interface problem
From: "Tvrtko A. Uršulin" <tvrtko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:59:12 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:05:29 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday 11 February 2004 11:43, Keir Fraser wrote:
> > This is from normal linux:
> >
> > Feb 10 16:08:47 xen kernel: Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet Driver bcm5700 with
> > Broadcom NIC Extension (NI
> > CE) ver. 6.2.17 (07/14/03)
> > Feb 10 16:08:47 xen kernel: eth0: HP NC7760 Gigabit Server Adapter found
> > at mem fe000000, IRQ 12, no
> > de addr 000802f7c1fa
> > Feb 10 16:08:47 xen kernel: eth0: Broadcom BCM5703 Integrated Copper
> > transceiver found
> > Feb 10 16:08:47 xen kernel: eth0: Scatter-gather ON, 64-bit DMA ON, Tx
> > Checksum ON, Rx Checksum ON,
> > 802.1Q VLAN ON, NAPI ON
>
> This isn't output from the standard Linux tg3 driver, which is what
> Xen uses. In fact, I don't think this driver is included in Linux
> 2.4.24. Are you runnign a different Linux version, or did you install
> this driver from another source?

Yes, you are right. :) This is the output for 2.4.21-SuSE kernel. But
previously, on the same server I was running vanilla 2.4.24 (+ grsec) and I
am 100% sure both cards were operational because they were heavily used.
Because I made a clean install for the purpose of trying Xen, I have never
bothered to compile own kernel because it is not needed.

If you need the actual output I can compile the kernel and provide it. But if
you only need the proof that both cards are working can you trust my word for
it?