Re: [Xen-devel] Network interface problem

To: "Tvrtko A. Uršulin" <tvrtko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Network interface problem
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:57:03 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:08:48 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Wednesday 11 February 2004 14:40, Keir Fraser wrote:
>
> > Use a different GCC -- I think it's a very possible culprit here.
> >
> > We mostly use GCC 3.2.2 here (since it's what comes with Redhat
> > 9). However GCC 3.3.3 should also work.
>
> 3.3.1 here. Known problems?

The only GCC version that many Linux developers will aceept bug
reports from is 2.95.3. Building Linxu with many of the GCC 3.x
compilers is an unknown --- often it works, sometimes it
doesn't. Often this is a lurking kernel bug, but not always.

 -- Keir