xen-cim

[Xen-cim] Cimtester results explained

To: <xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-cim] Cimtester results explained
From: "Szymanski, Lukasz K" <Lukasz.Szymanski@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:01:44 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 13:00:31 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

These are the explanations of the errors in the attachment to the 4/4 cimtester results posting.  Most can be explained away, except for the references/referenceNames error for Xen_ComputerSystem, however, only a handful actually pass.

*** Running ClassSanityTest on class=Xen_Disk with namespace=root/cimv2 ...
> If nothing follows this, then the test passed.  The following classes fall under this category:
Disk, Console, NetworkPort, DiskSettingData, ConsoleSettingData, NetworkPortSettingData, RegisteredVSProfile, RegisteredSVProfile

TEST FAILED:  validating returned reference object - referenceNames returned object that can not be read.  (exception caught):

  exception: general error (Invalid provider: Xen_CSSettingDataComponent)
> This is a provider which in YAWN will give an "Invalid Provider" error.

*** Running ClassSanityTest on class=Xen_ProcessorSettingsDefineState with namespace=root/cimv2 ...
TEST FAILED:  Unexpected exception caught in ClassSanityTest.  Exception: general error (Invalid provider: Xen_ProcessorSettingsDefineState)

> I goofed and included Associations into the test.  These should be ignored.

*** Running ClassSanityTest on class=Xen_ComputerSystemIndication with namespace=root/cimv2 ...
TEST FAILED:  Unexpected exception caught in ClassSanityTest.  Exception: requested object could not be found (/root/cimv2:Xen_ComputerSystemIndication)

> This was my goof again - there is no ComputerSystemIndication, there is only Creation/Modification/Deletion.

*** Running ClassSanityTest on class=Xen_VirtualizationCapabilities with namespace=root/cimv2 ...
TEST FAILED:  Unexpected exception caught in ClassSanityTest.  Exception: unknown error (Cannot enumerate target class)
> This, I believe is an error due to the nature of this class - the enumeration results in Xen_Processor/Memory/Disk/NetworkPortCapabilities instances, not the VirtualizationCapabilities instances the test is looking for.

*** Running ClassSanityTest on class=Xen_ComputerSystem with namespace=root/cimv2 ...
... some stuff here ...
TEST FAILED:  references returned an objectPath not in referenceNames.
TEST FAILED:  referenceNames returned 1 objectPath(s) not in references.
> The objectPaths from referenceNames and references are supposed to match up.  These do not, though I have not tracked down why.

Luke