xen-cim

[Xen-cim] Today's meeting and testing strategy

To: <xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-cim] Today's meeting and testing strategy
From: "Szymanski, Lukasz K" <Lukasz.Szymanski@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:38:01 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 08:36:38 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry, I showed up to work 10 minutes after we were supposed to start.  Raj is away this week and next.  What did we discuss, if anything?

I wanted to talk about our general testing strategy.  I have cimtester working and it can do all kinds of things like call EnumInstances, InvokeMethod, Associations, References, GetInstance, Sanity (I posted some of those results before), Create/Delete/ModifyInstance, EnumInstanceNames, AssociatorNames, ReferenceNames.  All you need is an xml input file with all the classes you want tested (for each kind of test).  You can also call external tests, and I have been working on some shell scripts to create this xml file for some of the various tests.  This is one way to go.  If nothing else, this is a pretty good stress test.

The other type of test to consider is an imitation of xm test.  There is not much documentation on this, but I could go in and figure out exactly what they do and try to copy that behavior via the CIM providers.

What else is out there?  How do we want to put it together?  I know we talked about testing in bits and pieces but I think now is a good time to put some solid plans together.  Let me know what you think.

Luke