xen-cim

Re: [Xen-cim] Xen_HostedComputerSystem and miscellanous patch

To: "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-cim] Xen_HostedComputerSystem and miscellanous patch
From: Gareth S Bestor <bestor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 23:36:15 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 May 2006 22:32:07 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All these patches are appropriate, and great! Thanks!!

- Changes Xen_HostedComputerSystem.c to
                - Decide the targetclass by using CMClassNameIsA rather than strcmp

Yup - this is the correct approach. I must confess that Xen_HostedComputerSystem was one of the first associations I coded up (quickly)
and I did the class comparison the quick-and-dirty strcmp way [well, OK, I did know *precisely* the target classname that our in-house mgmt app
would be using, so I guess it wasnt THAT dirty...]. Some of the later association providers do the classname check correctly, as above.

Jim - Can you/are you committing these patches? If you recall, I can only commit patches coming from IBM...

- Gareth

Dr. Gareth S. Bestor
IBM Linux Technology Center
M/S DES2-01
15300 SW Koll Parkway, Beaverton, OR 97006
503-578-3186, T/L 775-3186, Fax 503-578-3186

"Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

05/17/2006 01:34 PM

<xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jim Fehlig" <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[Xen-cim] Xen_HostedComputerSystem and miscellanous patch

This patch contains the following changes
- Changes Xen_ComputerSystem.mof to inherit from CIM_ComputerSystem
rather than CIM_VirtualComputerSystem
- Changes Xen_HostedComputerSystem.mof to make the antecedent
CIM_ComputerSystem, rather than Linux_ComputerSystem
- Changes Xen_HostedComputerSystem.c to
                - Decide the targetclass by using CMClassNameIsA rather than
strcmp
                - Eliminate the Xen_ComputerSystem from the classes returned
from the CIMOM. I did this by returning only those classes that do not
match the source class rather than returning the class that exactly
match the target class
Raj