xen-cim

Re: [Xen-cim] Xen_HostedComputerSystem and miscellanous patch

To: Gareth S Bestor <bestor@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-cim] Xen_HostedComputerSystem and miscellanous patch
From: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:53:12 -0600
Cc: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:53:35 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gareth S Bestor wrote:

All these patches are appropriate, and great! Thanks!!

- Changes Xen_HostedComputerSystem.c to
- Decide the targetclass by using CMClassNameIsA rather than strcmp

Yup - this is the correct approach. I must confess that Xen_HostedComputerSystem was one of the first associations I coded up (quickly) and I did the class comparison the quick-and-dirty strcmp way [well, OK, I did know *precisely* the target classname that our in-house mgmt app would be using, so I guess it wasnt THAT dirty...]. Some of the later association providers do the classname check correctly, as above.

Jim - Can you/are you committing these patches? If you recall, I can only commit patches coming from IBM...

Committed, with a fix to Xen_OperatingSystem_Resource.c as well. While testing Raj's patch I found that the type for property OSType was specified as CMPI_uint64, while CIM_OperatingSystem.mof specifies the type as uint16.

Jim