xen-cim

Re: [Xen-cim] Original libxm and dom0

To: Gareth S Bestor <bestor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-cim] Original libxm and dom0
From: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 18:52:19 -0600
Cc: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 May 2006 17:52:36 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gareth S Bestor wrote:

llibxm only returns(ed) data on DomU's created thru it. So no, it does not return info about Dom0. In the context of Xen, Dom0 is really the 'hosting" computer system, so IMHO it should not be treated as a "virtual system"/guest, but rather be exposed via the so-called 'host' CIM instrumentation. So I do not think Dom0 should show up in libvirt when you enumerate the list of current active/inactive virtual systems.

Sounds reasonable. I patched the libxm shim to ignore dom0 and pushed the change to xenbits repository.

I'm currently working on pools and their capabilities, mostly bringing them up to snuff with the latest MOFs. VirtualSystemManagementService would be an excellent candidate to hit next!

Yep, I'll start working on it tomorrow.

Jim