Re: [Xen-API] [XCP] XCP 1.1 and xapi version override

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] [XCP] XCP 1.1 and xapi version override
From: Eugene Chupriyanov <e.chupriyanov@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:07:37 +0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 03:16:23 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
13.07.2011 6:51, Todd Deshane пишет:
Was this a fresh install or an upgrade? For upgrades, there is currently a known issue that requires the state.db workaround. You need to first stop xapi Then modify /var/xapi/state.db' - search for 'expiry' and replace the date with a much later one. For more details see: http://xen.markmail.org/search/?q=state.db+%22from%3Ajonathan+ludlam%22#query:state.db%20%22from%3Ajonathan%20ludlam%22+page:1+mid:pepibjrn2r3mztoc+state:results If this is fresh install do make sure that you have the latest version of XenCenter. Let us know if either of those fix your problem. Thanks, Todd
It was fresh install (I run XCP 1.0 on another server without problems).
The message you referring to tells how to fix expiry date issue, but I'm talking about XAPI version.

In docs for XCP 1.0 we can find following:

XenCenter Compatibility

Although XenCenter in principle works with XCP, the fact that XCP uses a different versioning scheme makes XenCenter assume it is working with an ancientversion of XAPI. From XCP 1.0 RC3 (build number > 40948) you can trick CenCenter by modifying the config file /etc/xensource/xapi_version_override which contains a single line containing the required version number. The version number to set it to for maximum XenCenter compatibility is 5.6.199.

UNfortunately, it doesn't work for XCP 1.1 - XenCenter detects freshly installed XCP1.1 as XenServer 1.1.0