Re: [Xen-users] Using the Xen GPLPV drivers

To: Matthew Hook <matthew.hook@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Using the Xen GPLPV drivers
From: Andrew Bobulsky <rulerof@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 13:01:43 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 10:04:51 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=Cik7iCxAj+KjJMjD7eb09vI9cQAgUGduPJ6ppphh23s=; b=OULPUu8iIxVlV/MVw/EQ+ruSuGyoPSxc00d83GAMyZ9rKcHJ3ACn6XvtROfYNX2RU6 iyfcHAVXsLOTvxdgeN0uDtYytQ5Rb9ocTuDsM1METN0vIQ2kDQuYPKZROhNSJIQANpQR sC/4neor6K1R8OavBFfRQr86vXNSkBsMxbzQM=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Matthew,

I've been trying to do the same thing, but my DomU guests (Windows 7
x64) have GPUs passed through to them.  For some reason, I was able to
narrow down the USB PV driver from the GPLPV set was causing my
machines to BSOD during boot with a 7E.  Not really sure why, but I
found an older post by the developer on the list saying something
about how GPLPV USB wasn't very complete yet.

I tried instead on a different guest to use the XCP PV drivers... but
installing those caused a similar problem, though I can't remember
precisely what.  It has been a few days since I last hacked away at it
;)

Out of curiosity, have you gotten USB PV to work?  Did you install
*all* of the PV drivers, or just the PCI, disk, and NIC drivers?

Still, glad to hear a more recent report of success with them!  I'll
be back hacking away at it tonight.  I'll have my quad-head gaming box
purring like a kitten someday, even if I have to tear my hair out for
a few more weeks =)

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky