[Xen-users] Using the Xen GPLPV drivers

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Using the Xen GPLPV drivers
From: Matthew Hook <matthew.hook@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 21:47:45 +1200
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 02:51:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There seems to be an outdated page to use PV drivers here:

I'd be great if that could be updated.

After installing the PV drivers in windows I didn't notice any difference in performance at all.  Windows says the drivers are working.
Some more searching and reading and it appears that I do actually need to make some changes to my windows config file.

So, I changed my disk line from:
  disk = [ 'tap2:tapdisk:aio:/home/xen/xenwin7.img,hda,w']
to:
  disk = [ 'tap2:tapdisk:aio:/home/xen/xenwin7.img,xvda,w' ]

According to the windows experience index disk performance is now several points better!

I've also changed the line:
   vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]
   vif = [ '' ]

Is this all I need to do to fully enable PV drivers?