Re: [Xen-users] XCP - Hetzner: Xen Cloud Platform XCP1.0Beta - Problems

To: Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XCP - Hetzner: Xen Cloud Platform XCP1.0Beta - Problems with network
From: Jimmy Larsen <itsnedkeren@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 20:20:06 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 11:21:26 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=/S2CKa8s9yu2z+sFohfUQKRgD38LloLTg057ZQ6XV/8=; b=Gi476mUYGSYMOSj32CzYoPqtspffzKIuJ6659D+qAxEUeDg4v8TKYFfjHhopC8poRn /Zaoby9MMuajqXHKDs89rQwyBPfA4NTxJTY8DstlCntecf1xXRf0CuhmjQ+yRQGmAezN Brgv54yv+QwflZpi7/XegsIvAnrFB9rq6q/nA=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I ordered a EQ8 server with Hetzner, all standard for 89€ a month. But unfortunatly the mainboard in the EQ8 utilizes a Realtek network card. Realtek network card and Xenserver 5.6.1 does not like each other!

There fore I have now asked Hetzner to install a Intel network card in stead, which will be done next week. So hopefully I'll get XCP1.0 up and running some time next week.

BTW I really like Hetzner, they have good prices and competent and friendly staff, and a VERY good network with supreme uptime. The ONLY downside of Hetzner is that their provisioning staff only works from 8-16 and NOT on weekends :( So now I gotta wait 3 days for someone to install a Intel Network card, delaying my schedule by 3+ days :(

But as some would say:"you get what you pay for", which is absolutely true! I could have rented a server with www.leaseweb.nl, and gotten 8GB LESS RAM, payed the double monthly amount, but also have 24/7 provisioning.

So if you're expanding into EU, the above mentioned 2 providers are the best IMHO, choose Hetzner for their well specced servers for a very GOOD price, and choose Leaseweb if you don't mind paying double(or even triple) the amount, but also with faster and more available support.

/Jim