[Xen-users] XCP - Hetzner: Xen Cloud Platform XCP1.0Beta - Problems with

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP - Hetzner: Xen Cloud Platform XCP1.0Beta - Problems with network
From: Jimmy Larsen <itsnedkeren@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:17:57 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:20:21 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I'm using a Hetzner EQ8 with the ISO image of XCP1.0Beta version which can be found here

Just to clarify, this is a complete distro, there is no underlying Linux OS, just this ISO.

I know that Hetzner does NOT support bridged networking, but only routed.

My problem is though, that I am not even able to get the server online
No virtual machines are installed, this is a completely new installation and I have NOT modified anything.

I've entered a static IP address in the management console.

Why it's not coming online I have no idea about

My "ifconfig" states that "eth0" have NO ipadress.
My "ifconfig" states that "xenbr0" have the external IP address of the server
BOTH interfaces has the same MAC address

AFAIK this is supposed to work, isn't it?

I tried following this guide, but that only works if you have an underlying distro installed, which I don't.

Please, is there someone able to assist?

Thanks in advance
Jim