Re: [Xen-users] easy high availability storage

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Peter Braun <xenware@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> take a look at this document
>
> http://communities.vmware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/10964-102-2-9835/ha_san_how-to.pdf;jsessionid=12BC07515EE5DB61AEFA58BA9251110D
>
> Its describing building highly-available SAN iSCSI storage on ubuntu.

It's great to see a how-to for this kind of setup, but here's two
comments from me:
- using GFS2 with fence "manual" is, AFAIK, asking for trouble. One of
the reasons I chose OCFS2 is that it can work without fencing (at
least better than GFS), and it can automatically reboot itself when it
detects "something wrong that can cause inconsistency" .
- if you're sharing using iscsi target, it might be easier (and also
much better performance) to simply use LVM-backed LUNs instead of
file-backed LUNs. Thus you only need clvm.

If you've already implement this setup and have good result (e.g. it
works fine when you yank some power cords or ethernet cables) please
share your experience :D

--
Fajar