Re: [Xen-users] Tools to take a kernel crash dump.

To: Sreeharsha Totakura <sreeharsha.totakura@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Tools to take a kernel crash dump.
From: Tej <bewith.tej@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:27:29 +0530
Cc: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 02:59:09 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=oyVHjKy/tzl+a7swpjRDj/spYyj+YLO1gdFkLl0DGOk=; b=UUKNxo5+40mD3lfLN8uInPxjkjbEPAKQwuME/ARuDfV2gDEaEPwoIIE5XOuJeETNsx 2Lh73IPATU4/ig/eaagCfZdOv20kgZj43PwY1IAOP/KaERLNEbpslurJ7ASjJTpGf7e7 l2ZMHxgcnAwnjZwc1j0VJcFEtAN5xZAQu+hFo=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Sreeharsha
Totakura<sreeharsha.totakura@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> We have noticed that one of our servers xen Dom0 is restarting
> idiopathically. Atleast, we are not able to analyze the cause. I have
> checked the logs but couldn't find anything relating to it.

what xen version, Can crash be reproduced????

> Are there any tools such as kdump (which doesn't seem to work on xenified
> kernels) for catching the kernel crash snapshot.

netconsole, collects log.