[Xen-users] CentOS 5.3 bond0 and xen 3.3.0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] CentOS 5.3 bond0 and xen 3.3.0
From: jonr@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:08:55 -0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 May 2009 13:09:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So far this has been the trifecta of evil for me. I have got bond0 to come up when I don't start xend and it works perfectly. Until I start xend then I get the dreaded:

bonding: bond0: Warning: the permanent HWaddr of eth0 is still in use by bond0. Set the HWaddr of eth0 to a different address to avoid conflicts.
Nothing to flush.
Waiting for pbond0 to negotiate link.
can't add pbond0 to bridge bond0: Invalid argument

In my /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp file I have edited the network bridge script to use bond0 instead of eth0.

But when xend is started it tries to bridge on eth0, at least that is what I am thinking, instead of bond0.

Am I missing something? Is there another file I need to edit so that it comes up on bond0 instead of eth0?

Thanks for any help,

Jon