Re: [Xen-users] Bridges are not working

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Bridges are not working
From: Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:16:54 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 May 2009 01:17:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A Dimarts 26 Maig 2009, Fajar A. Nugraha va escriure:
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda
>
> <leo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So, I guest that the problem is that, there's have been some changes in
> > xen sources and I _must_ have the interface that acts as a bridge up,
> > whenever the IP uses, if not, the bridge doesn't work.
> >
> > Could you confirm this?
>
> The bridge and physical interface MUST be up. On your case, the bridge
> is eth1 and the physical device is peth1. It does NOT need to have an
> IP address though.
>
> If I'm not mistaken earlier versions of Xen uses xenbr0/xenbr1 as
> bridge name, so that might be the change you get.

well, I have not be able (or i don't know how ...) to have an interface up
without an ip ... in the last version of xen, my interfaces file had no entry
for eth1 (peth1).

Yes, this is also I changethat I don't understand.

> >> As a side note, you should be able to use your old, working dom0
> >> kernel (from Etch?) on newer Xen versions, so you might want to try
> >> that as well.
> >
> > I would prefer that no. It's better, IMHO as debian user, to follow the
> > kernel versions of the stable series.
>
> If it works, that would be best.

sure ....

> > PS OTOH, I think that some people (as me) are suffering crashes from xen
> > [1] , but this is another history.
> >
> > [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=524571
>
> ... but it doesn't work, you can use the old version as a workaround :)
> If that still doesn't work, kernel 2.6.18 from xen.org might give
> better results.

yes .... I would prefer a modern kernel but ....

Thanks for all.

Regards,

Leo