Re: [Xen-users] Re: Getting one Dom U Guest to wait to startup until ano

To: Bob Linkonij <boblnknj0@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: Getting one Dom U Guest to wait to startup until another one's done starting up?
From: Jason Brooks <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 12:31:37 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 May 2009 12:32:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I can think of an item: it's the same as if you have separate servers with dependencies:

create another rc script that runs after the network startup. have it use nmap, or something to ping the other system periodically and wait until the correct service(s) are up. then exit.

Assuming you are running runlevel 3, create a link in /etc/rc3.d/ called S<xx>Wait that points to this script. change the <xx> part to be certain it runs after the networking script, but before the next script.

--jason