Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV network performance

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Grant McWilliams wrote:

I'd be curious about DomU to DomU performance. Nobody seems to test this
very often but if you have a database server or file server in a DomU that's
serving out to another then DomU to DomU performance would be critical.

Previously I had obtained these numbers for a Dom0 of Intel Core2 2.33 GHz, CentOS 5.2, xen 3.0.3:

        Windows XP SP3, GPLPV 0.9.12-pre13, file based. 725 Mbits/sec
        Windows 2003 SP2, GPLPV 0.9.12-pre13, file based. 1.03 Gbits/sec

For DomU(XP) to Domu(2003), I get 462 Mbits/sec, about in line with what I would have expected. The Dom0 was the same machine for both DomU's; I assume that the throughput would be higher if they were different.

I didn't note at the time, but the xen version of 3.0.3 applies only to
the xen utilities package itself; from "xm dmesg", it shows a version
of 3.1.2-92.1.22.el5.

Steve