Re: [Xen-users] Xen Installation without virtualization enabled in Bios

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Installation without virtualization enabled in Bios
From: Daniel Kao <dkao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:50:30 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:51:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dustin pretty much described where you need to look next.  Since PV is working, it's definitely a configuration issue in your dom0.

Have a quick look at:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking

Then check your:

/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp (in your dom0)

And then check your domU's network configuration.

We need to know if you've set Xen in either, bridging mode, routed mode or NAT mode in your dom0.  If you're able to ping dom0 from your domU, are you setting static IP's or using DHCP, etc.

Cheers,
Daniel

Dustin Henning wrote:
	The virtualization option in the BIOS is for HVM (Full
Virtualization).  Seeing as how you had guests before this option was
enabled, you are clearly using PV.  As such, the option would have no effect
that I know of.  That said, your problem probably lies in Xen configuration.
Is this your first Xen box?  Hopefully someone skilled at troubleshooting
network connectivity issues in Xen can assist you with this.
	Dustin