Re: [Xen-users] Re: Windows Disk performance

To: Christian Tramnitz <chris.ace@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: Windows Disk performance
From: Ruslan Sivak <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 11:40:35 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 08:41:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Christian Tramnitz wrote:
James Harper schrieb:
I'm a little unsure of how much trust to put in that
though as hdparm in Dom0 gives me a maximum of 35MB/s on that lvm
device, so I can't quite figure out how a HVM DomU could be getting
better results than the hdparm baseline figure.

hdparm is not a good choice for actual hard disk performance testing when RAID is being used (I assume you have your LVs on top of an array). Try bonnie for actual results, although I'm not sure this can be directly compared to Windows iometer results...

Isn't iometer cross platform? i downloaded it on linux, but couldn't figure out the commands to make it run though.

Russ