Re: [Xen-users] Resize domU block device?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Resize domU block device?
From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:40:31 +0000
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:16:30 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Ralf,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 06:23:02PM +0100, Ralf Müller wrote:
> The day before I tested to do "lvresize -L+20G" on a logical volume
> given to a domU and do a "xfs_growfs" of this volume inside the domU
> it belongs to. It didn't notice that until I rebooted the domU.
> Thatswhy I asked here. Is this a new feature which is not in my Xen 3.1?

Not that I am aware of.  It simply does not work, despite the many
people who will claim it does without actually trying it.

If it is not the domU's root fs then you can unmount it in the domU,
from dom0 detach the block device, then re-attach the block device
again and the domU will see the new size.  Obviously not possible if
this is the domU's root fs.

Cheers,
Andy