Re: [Xen-users] Resize domU block device?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Resize domU block device?
From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:36:07 +0000
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:18:29 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Jonas,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 02:40:16PM -0200, Jonas Roberto de Goes Filho
(sysdebug) wrote:
> Ralf M�ller wrote:
> | Is there a way for a domU to discover size changes of block
> | devices modified by dom0?
> |
> | To make it clear - if I do in dom0 a lvresize of a logical volume given
> | as physical disk to a domU, is there a way to use the new size
> | of this device within the domU without reboot?
>
>       If you use xfs filesystem in domU, will be possible to resize
> filesystem without reboot domU. Is this your question?

Have you actually tried this?  In my experience it is not possible.

You may be thinking of online resize of filesystems.  Yes that is
possible in xfs and recent ext3 and others.  But that is unrelated
to changing the size of a block device exported from dom0 to domU,
which is what the original poster's question refers to.

I would be happy to know if this feature has been added.

Cheers,
Andy