Re: [Xen-users] live migration on SAN

To: Fast Jack <fastjack75@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] live migration on SAN
From: Christian Horn <chorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 20:10:25 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:08:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 06:07:37PM +0200, Fast Jack wrote:

> So my questions are:
> What are the actual requirements on the domUs storage?
> Could you give me a few examples of thoroughly tried and tested setups?

As i see it the most simple thing that should work is having just big luns/
disks from the san or via iscsi exported to the xen-dom0s.
Having those i.e. 8GB big luns accessable by the dom0s involved in the
migration should be all you need.

Having many small luns from the san needs at least an lvm over that to
be able to use larger chunks, the requirement that the dom0s accessing the
one lvm-systems do not interfere calls for an lvm that is aware of more
than some accessing node, like clvm or evms.

Christian