Re: [Xen-users] loopback domU write

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 06:57:11PM +0200, Petersson, Mats wrote:

> [...]

loopback does indeed cache data for an arbitrarily long time. This is
the primary reason why you should *never* use loopback under any
circumstance. It does not honour guest requests to flush data to disk,
so if your Dom0 crashes say goodbye vast amounts of data from your
DomU filesystems.  Always use blktap  for file backed guests if you
care about your data in the slightest. BTW is this only a paravirt
problem really - HVM guests don't use the loopback driver as QEMU
handles writing to files/devices natively without needing loopback
devices.

Dan.