RE: [Xen-users] Debian/Xen usage summary

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Debian/Xen usage summary
From: "Larry A Weidig" <lweidig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:26:31 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 07:25:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Didier:
        I am using Fedora Core 6 (2.6.18 kernl, 2.6.20 buggy) with Xen
3.0.3 and have a x86_64 Dom0.  Currently we are only running fully
virtualized guests so I cannot comment on the paravirtualization.  We
have run into both the same issues that you are experiencing.  Only 32
bit guests (which in our case is fine) and only type=ioemu for the
network card.  We have found network performance to be on the low end as
well in these guests and have yet to find a solution.
        One thing I noticed staying with the network issue is that while
Dom0 is a Gigabit Ethernet device and recognized properly, the DomU
machines are only being setup as 100 Mbit Ethernet devices.  Is there a
way to get a gigabit card in the DomU that anybody knows for an HVM
guest?  What about any tricks for optimizing performance?
        Finally, working with LVM images I can help as we have needed to
do that as well.  There is a good article at:

http://www.campworld.net/thewiki/pmwiki.php/Linux/DiskImagesHOWTO
         Sorry, I could not help with the other items, hopefully
somebody else on the list will have more information for us.