RE: [Xen-users] WIN NT / WIN98 HVM

To: "Yves-gaël Chény" <yves-gael.cheny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, maybee@xxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] WIN NT / WIN98 HVM
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:22:49 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 02:21:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The original post contains the correct syntax for newer versions of Xen (3.0.4
at least).
disk    = [ 'file:/path/windisk.img,ioemu:hda,w',
'file:/path/wincd.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r' ]

I don't see anything wrong with that part.

Win98 is probably more difficult than NT, because Win98 will use segments with
base != 0, and quite possibly also use "big real-mode" tricks for booting [the
latter is speculation, the former is based on the fact that some of the Win98
kernel is same as Windows 3.x, which definitely uses segments for certain
memory operations. Until unstable, segments with base != 0 is unsupported and
will lead to strange crashes].

--
Mats